HELLO SUMMER 9 HOLES STABLEFORD COMPETITION
1. The ‘Hello Summer’ 9 Hole Stableford Competition will run from
Wednesday to the following Tuesday for first 3 weeks in every month.
These will be non-qualifying competitions with re-entry.
In the last week of the month, the competition will be held on Tuesday
only at times currently reserved for ladies and will be a qualifying
competition with no re-entry.
2. The competition will not be run on any Sunday where a 9 hole
competition is currently listed for a Sunday in the 2016 Fixture Book,
on Thursdays between 10 am and 11 am (times reserved for Golden
Girls) and during Open Week.
3. Starting date is 6th April 2016. Competition will be run until end of
4. You may not play both the 18 holes and 9 holes on Sundays or
Tuesdays. You can however play the 18 holes on Sunday and 9 holes
on Tuesday or vice versa (see also 5 below).
5. A member playing in this 9 holes competition on Tuesdays may play
with two members playing in the regular 18 holes competition.
Naturally this can only happen if there are two members playing in the
6. You may have your cards marked and signed by anyone holding a
CONGU handicap on all days except Tuesdays when it should be
marked by a lady member only.
7. The competition will be run over the front 9 holes.
8. You should book a time on the BRS.
( 8) BRS closes at 6pm please arrange afterwards
9. Your name should be entered in the 9 Holes ‘Hello Summer’ book (on
table in locker room) and fees paid in usual way.
10. Your card should clearly have ‘Hello Summer’ Competition written
across the top.
11. The entry fee will be €3 and re-entry €2. Please mark envelope
“Hello Summer Competition” and place in box as usual.
12. Entry onto the computer will only apply to the Qualifying
competitions. For this competition, you must select the relevant
competition (i.e. 18 holes or 9 holes as appropriate). At end of play,
you must sign your card in usual way, enter your score onto the
system under the relevant competition and place your card in the box.
With regard to the Non-Qualifying competitions, you should complete
a card in the usual way and put in box when signed (i.e. no entry onto
13. Any question regarding handicaps should be directed to the
Handicap Secretary or her assistants.
14. There will initially be one weekly prize of a sleeve of golf balls for
the best card over the week. However, the best five cards in any one
week will receive points which will go forward to the ‘Hello Summer’
overall prize which will be presented at competition end (September)
15. There will be penalties for winner, second and third places each
week for the purposes of the end of summer results.
16. Prizes will be presented on the bi-monthly presentation night and
winners should make every effort to attend.
17. Any questions concerning this competition should be referred to
the Competition Secretaries Agnes Holland or Mary Moran.