Well done to Team H (Tony Jacklin) captained by Aidan Purcell on beating Team G by 4 – 2 in the match play final on 8th March.
Following a course inspection today(28th Feb) we have ,regretfully, decided to cancel the final weekend of the winter league. The match play final will now proceed on Sunday next the 8th of March between Team G & Team H.
1st Team G Danny Willett 330 points
2nd Team H Tony Jacklin 322 points
3rd Team N Justin Rose 321 points (Tie Break discount lowest counting score)
MVP most valued player of the league
1st Liam Kearney count = 5 from 6 total points 130 (Tie Break)
click here for full MVP List
The Men’s Winter League 2020 Draw has taken place, click on the Teams tab to check your teams. We are accepting late entries until 6th Jan 2020.
The League will run for 8 rounds. Round 1 of the league is now open for play and will remain open until 1pm on Monday 6th January. Round 2 will open on Tuesday 7th and will close on Sunday 12th January. All remaining rounds will be open on Monday 9am each week and will close on Sunday at 1pm.
Please ensure that team letter or name is clearly displayed at the top of your score card. Ensure all scores are entered on the computer. Late entries can play in round 1.
Late entries will be will be allocated to teams prior to commencement of round 2. Please show “no team” on top of your score card.
Entries and Timesheets are Open Online and through the Golf Shop. Cost of Winter League Entry €10.
Weekly Category prizes for Best Individual Scores.
Many Thanks to our Generous Winter League Sponsor : Colgan Sports
Due to record rainfall for past 3 weeks week 7 & 8 has been cancelled. This is the Final League Table
|#||<>||Team||Name||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||TOTAL|
|1||Team G||Danny Willett||55||50||55||57||54||59||330|
|2||˄||Team H||Tony Jacklin||52||52||55||59||48||56||322|
|3||Team N||Justin Rose||50||55||53||58||51||54||321|
|4||˅||Team Q||Sandy Lyle||52||50||58||57||52||52||321|
|5||Team F||Ian Woosnam||48||48||53||58||50||55||312|
|6||˄||Team O||Henrik Stenson||51||51||46||56||50||54||308|
|7||˅||Team L||Rory McIlroy||48||46||51||54||57||48||304|
|8||˅||Team P||Shane Lowry||47||51||54||55||48||48||303|
|9||˄||Team S||Francesco Molinari||45||50||52||50||52||53||302|
|10||˄||Team T||Harry Vardon||50||52||48||51||50||49||300|
|11||˄||Team R||Jose Maria Olazabal||51||50||45||49||48||55||298|
|12||˅||Team D||Bernhard Langer||50||50||51||52||49||45||297|
|13||˄||Team E||Padraig Harrington||49||41||52||56||50||49||297|
|14||˅||Team A||Darren Clarke||46||50||52||50||53||45||296|
|15||˄||Team C||Fred Daly||44||53||53||47||48||51||296|
|16||˅||Team B||Sergio Garcia||49||41||53||51||52||48||294|
|17||˄||Team K||Paul Lawrie||41||50||49||50||52||46||288|
|18||˅||Team J||Martin Kaymer||50||43||53||51||48||39||284|
|19||˅||Team I||Seve Ballesteros||51||53||49||49||51||26||279|
|20||˄||Team U||Henry Cotton||45||46||46||46||48||41||272|
|21||˅||Team M||Nick Faldo||49||48||45||49||48||23||262|
click here to see detailed breakdown of scores
Winter League Rules 2020
1. Teams will consist of 6 members
2. League will run for 8 rounds starting 1st weekend of Jan 2020 & Last Round will finish on Sunday 23rd February.
3. Best two scores will count per team for each week
4. Play any day of the week.Round 1 of the league is now open for play and will remain open until 1pm on Monday 6th January. Round 2 will open on Tuesday 7th and will close on Sunday 12th january. All remaining rounds will be open on Monday 9am each week and will close on Sunday at 1pm.
5. Team scores will be doubled for last 2 rounds(Week 7 & 8)
6. Prizes will be awarded for top 3 placed teams as per the final league table.
7. League Winner will be decided by a matchplay final between top 2 teams on 1st March 2020
8. Weekly category prizes for best individual scores, 1st & 2nd in each category. Category 1,-+ -10, Category 2, 11-18, Category 3, 19-36
League Tables will be updated weekly.
Results can be seen on our Website and on Social Media Platforms.
Course & Conditions
1. Weather permitting the Winter League will be a 12 Hole Competition.
2. Whenever necessitated by weather conditions, temporary tees and greens will be in play.
3.Two (2) putt rules applies on temporary greens, but must be declared to your marker in advance.
4. The Competition Secretary may alter and set the course including lesser number of holes on any competition dates. The staff in the Shop will be informed of these changes.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE REGISTERED IN GOLF SHOP BEFORE PLAYING.
Please put your Team Number or Letter on you Score Card.
Failing any of the above, your card will be disqualified.
Copies of these rules are displayed in the Golf Shop.