Seniors Results Thursday 7th Dec.
1st J O Reilly C. O Connor J O Neill 42 1/5 Bk 7.
2nd A Dunne P J Conlon J. Bergin. 42 1/5.
Next Monday winter league. Then 18th Christmas dinner with novelty golf competition nearest pin etc before dinner. Prize giving raffle etc after the dinner. Winter league will conclude in new year.
Seniors results 4th. Nov.
1st J J Mc Evoy 32 points
2nd G. Savage 31 points.
3rd T. Day 30 points Bk 7.
State of the parties after 3rd round.
F. J J Mc Evoy 322. E. J. O Neill 316 D. K. Foley 316.
A. P. Byron 311. G S. Coffey 307. C. L. Dempsey 304. B
P. Clarke 302.
Winter League entries are still available at the Golf Shop
Please contact Dan/Colin 0578623115
Entry Fee €10
Winter League 2017/2018 Rules
1. The League will consist of 10 teams with the number of players depending on entries.
2. The Best 4 Scores will count towards the Team’s total each week
3. The Qualifying weeks will commence with Week 1 on Saturday 2nd Dec – Tues 5th Dec 2016.
For every week after Sunday 3rd December members can enter Thursday – Sunday.
4. The Team Captain is the First Name on the Team’s Sheet
5. The dates and format of the Finals to be arranged and will be played in Feb 2018.
6. The Entry Fee is €10.00 for the Winter League must be paid in advance in the shop +
€5.00 entry for the weekly competition.
7. The Categories for the weekly competition are as follows: Handicap (0-11) – (12-18)
8. Only one round per week is allowed and this covers winter league and weekly competition.
(Members not playing in Winter League may play in the weekly competition. Entry Fee €5
9. There will be an overall individual 1st prize for the best 5 cards returned over the qualifying weeks (Winter League players only)
10. This year the winter league has a new format. Each team will play against one another on a league basis. Two Points will be awarded for a win , 1 point will be awarded for a draw, 0 points for a loss.
Week 1 Team A vs Team B (Best Four scores to count for each team)
Team A 72 Pts vs Team B 69 Pts
Therefore team A Receives 2 points in the League table with Team B receiving 0 points
Week 2 Team A vs Team C …. Etc.
League Tables will be updated every Monday.
Results can be seen by email, Facebook and our Website
Winter League fixtures 17/18
WK1 WK2 WK3 WK4 WK5 WK6 WK7 WK8 WK9
A v J I v A A v H G v A A v F E v A A v D C v A A v B
B v I H v B B v G F v B B v E D v B B v C J v B I v C
C v H G v C C v F E v C C v D J v C I v E D v I H v D
D v G F v D D v E J v D I v G F v I H v F E v H G v E
E v F J v E I v J H v I H v J G v H G v J F v G F v J
1. Weather permitting the Winter League will be a 12 Hole Competition
2.The league course will be when possible Holes 1-4, 6-12, and 18.
3. Whenever necessitated by weather conditions, temporary tees and greens will be in play
4.Two (2) putt rules applies on temporary greens, but must be declared to your marker in
5. The Competition Secretary may alter and set the course including lesser number of holes
on any competition dates. The staff in the Shop will be informed of these changes.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE REGISTERED IN GOLF SHOP BEFORE PLAYING.
Please put your Team Number or Letter on you Score Card.
Failing any of the above, your card will be disqualified
Copies of these rules are displayed in the Golf Shop
Seniors Results for 30th Nov:
1. M.O’Loughlin and J.J.McEvoy….32 points
2. F.Daly and H.Sweetman……….31 points (b 7)
3. P.Byron and P.J.Conlon………31 points
THE TRIPLE CROWN ;
1. J.O’Reilly & T.Day……..97 points
2. P.Byron & P.J.Conlon……96 points
3. J.Bergin & E.Doyle……..92 points
Congrats to John and Tony Triple Crown winners.
Can’t beat altitude training Tony.
Seniors Results Monday 27th Nov.
1st B. Fowler 29 pts.
2nd M Slattery 28pts. Bk 3.
3rd P. Farrell 28pts.
F 210. D 204. A 201. G 200.
E. 199. B 197. C. 195.
42 played. See notice board for full details.
Many thanks to Fr. Noonan for sorting out the scores.
Seniors results Thursday 23rd November
10 brave souls played 9 hole stableford result as follows
1st C O Connor 21pts
2nd S. Hyland 20 pts.
3rd Rbt. Sweeney 19 pts
Turkey winner today was Joe Hynan with 31 pts. Congrats on your good score. 42 bodies played.
Runner up Ger Ward also 31 pts. 3rd Finian Daly 30 pts
Any Senior member wishing to go forward for election to council please be assured of the Seniors support.
Seniors Results Monday 13th November
After day one of the winter league the state of the parties is as follows ;
Team F 109. D & E 107.
A 106. G 104. B & C 99.
All to play for Monday 27th.