Matchplay Final to be played on Sunday 6th march 2022 between Team Castren (Captain - Joe Moore) vs Team Pederson (Captain - Joe Hynan)
click here for detailed score breakdown.
This year’s Winter League commences tomorrow. the first round can be played any day from tomorrow until Sunday 9th January. Round 2 commences on Monday 10th Jan.
The League will be played over a 12 hole course for 8 weeks. The top 2 teams will compete in a match-play final to decide the overall winner.
The golf shop will continue to take entries until close of business on Sunday 9th Jan.
Please see attached a full listing of all 12 teams. Team names have been selected from the successful European Solheim cup team. Team Captains are selected by a random number generator.
Many Thanks to our Generous Winter League Sponsor : Colgan Sports
Winter League Rules 2020
1. Teams will consist of 6 members
2. League will run for 8 rounds starting 1st weekend of Jan 2020 & Last Round will finish on Sunday 23rd February.
3. Best two scores will count per team for each week
4. Play any day of the week.Round 1 of the league is now open for play and will remain open until 1pm on Monday 6th January. Round 2 will open on Tuesday 7th and will close on Sunday 12th january. All remaining rounds will be open on Monday 9am each week and will close on Sunday at 1pm.
5. Team scores will be doubled for last 2 rounds(Week 7 & 8)
6. Prizes will be awarded for top 3 placed teams as per the final league table.
7. League Winner will be decided by a matchplay final between top 2 teams on 1st March 2020
8. Weekly category prizes for best individual scores, 1st & 2nd in each category. Category 1,-+ -10, Category 2, 11-18, Category 3, 19-36
League Tables will be updated weekly.
Results can be seen on our Website and on Social Media Platforms.
Course & Conditions
1. Weather permitting the Winter League will be a 12 Hole Competition.
2. Whenever necessitated by weather conditions, temporary tees and greens will be in play.
3.Two (2) putt rules applies on temporary greens, but must be declared to your marker in advance.
4. The Competition Secretary may alter and set the course including lesser number of holes on any competition dates. The staff in the Shop will be informed of these changes.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE REGISTERED IN GOLF SHOP BEFORE PLAYING.
Please put your Team Number or Letter on you Score Card.
Failing any of the above, your card will be disqualified.
Copies of these rules are displayed in the Golf Shop.