|Junior Dave Plez Test 2018|
|Boys||Hcp||WK1 PTS||Short Game Hcp|
|Ahron Power||10||65||13 Hcp|
|Joe La Cumbre||12||63||14 Hcp|
|Bernard Scully||19||62||14 Hcp|
|David Hickey||16||62||14 Hcp|
|Rory Flanagan||12||61||15 Hcp|
|Jason Darley||14||61||15 Hcp|
|E O Sullivan||17||38||26 Hcp|
|Ryan Conlon||31||21||34 Hcp|
|Girls||Hcp||WK1 PTS||Short Game Hcp|
|Eina Pang||36||50||20 Hcp|
|Sarah Hutchinson||24||27||31 Hcp|
|Maraid Pang||36||27||31 Hcp|
|Sarah Hickey||24||22||34 Hcp|
|Aela Power||36||20||35 Hcp|
|Caoimhe Lowry||32||14||38 Hcp|
Short Game Competition for Juniors (scheduled to be run over 4 weeks) for both boys and girls.
The competition will be played on the practice ground, where Daniel Murphy has set up the “Dave Pelz” short course. Only the first 16 entrants are guaranteed taking part. This is an opportunity to work on and improve your scoring. Prizes for the winners each week. In addition, the top 2 boys will be afforded the opportunity to take part in the clubs Elite Squad which consists of our senior and junior cup players.
First date: Sunday, 11th February @ 3.15 pm on the range. The three dates thereafter to be decided on Sunday. Names must be given to Daniel Murphy in the shop.
To All Prize Winners in January 2018,
Your Prize Winning vouchers are now available for collection in the Golf Shop.
Prizes sponsored by the Club
Portarlington Golf Club
To All Prize Winners in December 2017,
Your vouchers are available for collection in the Golf Shop.
Prizes sponsored by the Club
Portarlington Golf Club
Winter League entries are still available at the Golf Shop
Please contact Dan/Colin 0578623115
Entry Fee €10
Winter League 2017/2018 Rules
1. The League will consist of 10 teams with the number of players depending on entries.
2. The Best 4 Scores will count towards the Team’s total each week
3. The Qualifying weeks will commence with Week 1 on Saturday 2nd Dec – Tues 5th Dec 2016.
For every week after Sunday 3rd December members can enter Thursday – Sunday.
4. The Team Captain is the First Name on the Team’s Sheet
5. The dates and format of the Finals to be arranged and will be played in Feb 2018.
6. The Entry Fee is €10.00 for the Winter League must be paid in advance in the shop +
€5.00 entry for the weekly competition.
7. The Categories for the weekly competition are as follows: Handicap (0-11) – (12-18)
8. Only one round per week is allowed and this covers winter league and weekly competition.
(Members not playing in Winter League may play in the weekly competition. Entry Fee €5
9. There will be an overall individual 1st prize for the best 5 cards returned over the qualifying weeks (Winter League players only)
10. This year the winter league has a new format. Each team will play against one another on a league basis. Two Points will be awarded for a win , 1 point will be awarded for a draw, 0 points for a loss.
Week 1 Team A vs Team B (Best Four scores to count for each team)
Team A 72 Pts vs Team B 69 Pts
Therefore team A Receives 2 points in the League table with Team B receiving 0 points
Week 2 Team A vs Team C …. Etc.
League Tables will be updated every Monday.
Results can be seen by email, Facebook and our Website
Winter League fixtures 17/18
WK1 WK2 WK3 WK4 WK5 WK6 WK7 WK8 WK9
A v J I v A A v H G v A A v F E v A A v D C v A A v B
B v I H v B B v G F v B B v E D v B B v C J v B I v C
C v H G v C C v F E v C C v D J v C I v E D v I H v D
D v G F v D D v E J v D I v G F v I H v F E v H G v E
E v F J v E I v J H v I H v J G v H G v J F v G F v J
1. Weather permitting the Winter League will be a 12 Hole Competition
2.The league course will be when possible Holes 1-4, 6-12, and 18.
3. Whenever necessitated by weather conditions, temporary tees and greens will be in play
4.Two (2) putt rules applies on temporary greens, but must be declared to your marker in
5. The Competition Secretary may alter and set the course including lesser number of holes
on any competition dates. The staff in the Shop will be informed of these changes.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE REGISTERED IN GOLF SHOP BEFORE PLAYING.
Please put your Team Number or Letter on you Score Card.
Failing any of the above, your card will be disqualified
Copies of these rules are displayed in the Golf Shop
Junior fancy dress 13 hole competition on this Friday 3rd November.
13 Hole junior singles competition
Tee time 11am – 12pm
Prizes for best dressed Junior and closest to the pin sponsored by Ollie Scully
13 Hole nett prizes sponsored by Liam McMahon.
Presentation to follow after golf.
Congratulations to Aine Moore and Sarah Hutchinson both of whom have qualified for the Final of the 2017 ILGU Junior Medal to be played at Seapoint Golf Club on Wednesday 1st November. The top 50 junior girls in Ireland returning the lowest aggregate of 3 nett scores (one per month in June, July and August) and the top 10 junior girls who reduced their handicap by the most shots during the period of March 1 – August 31 qualified for the final. We wish them the very best on the 1st November.
Summer junior League 2017 final standings:
1st Oisin O’Dea (winner of best young boy golfer trophy 2017)
2nd Bernard Scully
3rd Dan Hanlon
4th Ryan Dalton
1st Sarah Hutchinson (winner of best young girl golfer trophy 2017)
2nd Sarah Hickey
3rd Aela Power
4th Caoimhe Lowry
Week 5 winners:-
1st Oisin O’Dea 44
2nd Joe Lacumbre 39
1st Aela Power 37
Photos of presentation on Facebook